It's been more than three months since we last checked in on the most expensive homes for sale in San Francisco, and in that time a lot has happened. An under-construction penthouse at the wildly popular Lumina building has taken over the top slot with a $49 million ask. It's the first time in a very long time that the No. 1 spot has been located somewhere outside of Pacific Heights. It's also part of a major trend toward very expensive condos—in fact, there are now eight condos on the list (and there would be nine, if the $30M condo at 2006 Washington weren't about to change hands).
There has also been a ton of movement lower down on the list, with many homes either selling or leaving the market. In December, the homes rounded up here went no lower than $6.5 million, but that figure has now dropped down to $5.8 million. Another notable absentee: 2724 Pacific, which just sold for nearly $24 million in what is now the biggest sale of the year.
· Updated! The 25 Most Expensive Homes for Sale in San Francisco (December 2014) [Curbed SF]
· Previous Coverage of Lumina [Curbed SF]
· Holy Crap, Lumina Listed a Penthouse for an Eye-Popping $49M [Curbed SF]
· $30M Pacific Heights Penthouse to Set New San Francisco Condo Sale Record [Curbed SF]
· 2724 Pacific in Pacific Heights Sells for $23.889M, Is Biggest Sale of the Year [Curbed SF]