It's Cocktail Week over at our sister site Eater SF, which is a good excuse as any to hit the bar (or 11). San Francisco has been a drinking town since its earliest days, and we have a soft spot for the many long-lost saloons, speakeasies, and roadhouses where our forebears caroused, drowned their sorrows, and, in the case of Warner's Cobweb Saloon, got blitzed while monkeys ran circles around the bar. From the raucous Barbary Coast to watering holes way out on the west side, here now is a map of the vanished drinking establishments where our betters got totally blotto.
· Take a Load Off at the Hotel Cairns Roadhouse [Curbed SF]
· Then & Now: The Casino Roadhouse [Curbed SF]
· Have a Good Time at the Hippodrome on "Terrific Street" [Curbed SF]
· Set Sail at the Road to Mandalay in West Portal [Curbed SF]
· Dream of a Hot Toddy at Warner's Cobweb Saloon [Curbed SF]