Although San Francisco real estate is booming, many of the Bay Area's very top sales take place down the peninsula in towns like Atherton, Woodside, and Hillsborough. With the help of real estate website PropertyShark, we've compiled the 10 most expensive sales in the entire Bay Area in 2014. Three San Francisco properties from our list of the year's 10 most expensive San Francisco sales made the cut, but at the very peak were estates with pools, land, and other amenities that are nearly impossible to come by within the city limits. Sharing the title of the most expensive home sold in the Bay Area in 2014 are a property in Atherton and another in Woodside that both went for $25 million. Of course, there has already been a sale that big in 2015 at Los Altos Hills' Morgan Estate, so will the top sales of 2015 soar even higher?
· PropertyShark [Official Site]
· Mapping the Top Ten Most Expensive Homes that Sold in 2014 [Curbed SF]
· It's Official: Los Altos Hills' Grand Morgan Estate Sells for $25M [Curbed SF]
· University of Phoenix Founder Lists Pac Heights Home for $27M [Curbed SF]
· Hillsborough's Storied House-on-Hill Estate Sells for $22.8M [Curbed SF]