Another mostly sunny weekend is almost upon San Francisco. Before anyone goes making weekend plans, take note of the SFMTA’s warning about which roads and routes are in store for a weekend waylay:
- Saturday is Cinco de Mayo, and San Francisco’s annual Cinco de Mayo celebration is set for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. in an area centered around Valencia and 22nd Street. As such, Valencia will be closed between 21st and 24th Street from 10 P.M. Friday until 10 P.M. Saturday. This will not interrupt Muni service, but the city does warn “heavy traffic is expected in this area.”
- The city also reports that the San Francisco Gaelic Athletes Association will hold an unidentified event Saturday and Sunday on Treasure Island. SFTMA warns that “a street closure of Avenue H between 11th and 13th Streets will be required from 7 a.m., Saturday to 6 p.m., Sunday”and that “the 25 Treasure Island Muni route will be affected.”
- The Hayes Valley Urban Air Market, featuring “independent artists and designers,” will close Octavia Street between Fell and Fulton and Linden between Octavia and Gough from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.
- Sunday is also the How Weird Street Faire (featuring the “Disco Ball Inferno” this year) in SoMa, which means from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Howard Street will close between First and New Montgomery, Second Street will close between Mission and Folsom will close. This will mean rerouting the 10 Townsend and 12 Folsom Pacific buses.
- The Girls On the Run 5K Footrace happens in Golden Gate Park on Sunday from 8:00 A.M. to 11:30 A.M. meaning “street closures on JFK Drive, Conservatory Drive and Music Concourse” and reroutes for the 44 O’Shaugnessy.
- And finally, Sunday is also a Sunday Streets day in the Tenderloin, meaning that from 10 A.M. until 4:30 P.M. the city will close Jones Street between O’Farrell Street and Golden Gate Avenue, Larkin between Grove and O’Farrell, Golden Gate Avenue between Polk and Jones, Ellis Between Larkin and Taylor, and Fulton between Larkin and Hyde. The 19 Polk, 31 Balboa, 5 Fulton, and 27 Bryant will be rerouted.