In honor of the Golden State Warriors, beating the Cleveland Cavaliers in Game Five of the NBA championship this week, effectively winning their third victory, downtown Oakland is playing host to today’s championship parade.
Anywhere from one to two million revelers are expected to fill the streets to see the Warriors.
For fans who cannot make it to today’s festivities, you can watch all the action go down on NBA TV and NBC Bay Area, or view it live stream via Mercury News on YouTube.
There’s still time to head over to see some of your players take to the streets. However, if you plan on driving over to the parade and rally, don’t. Seriously. BART and AC Transit are the best ways to get to and from the parade/rally.
There will also be an overflow viewing area located at Lake Merritt Boulevard & E 12th Street, which will have a live feed of the parade and rally on a Jumbotron.
Here are some scenes from today’s parade, city hall, and rally at Lake Merritt. Curbed SF will continue to update throughout the day.
- Golden State Warriors: San Francisco structures light up blue and yellow [Curbed SF]
- Inside Steph Curry’s East Bay homes [Curbed SF]
- Warriors fans celebrate third championship [Mercury News]
- Kevin Durant and his mom Wanda finally got the celebration they've been waiting for [SB Nation]
- Golden State Warriors: 2017 parade route and time (updated) [Curbed SF]