When it’s not 68 degrees or under, some people (i.e., your Curbed SF editor) wilt like the petals of an African violet left on a window sill facing south. And this week we will all be shriveled violets as temperature are expected to climb up to ungodly numbers near the mid- to upper-70s.
While news reports and iPhone apps suggest it’s in the mid-70s this afternoon, the Bank of Orient sign in the FiDi suggests otherwise, boasting a comparatively blistering 81 degrees.
Shudder. Fare thee well, classic San Francisco weather.
That being said, there’s a lot to do in the city should you find yourself free on an exceptionally warm midday. Like today, for example. Let’s see:
- Dive into one of the best Bay Area beaches
- Take a dip in one of 15 swimming spots for under $10
- Grab your parasol and go on a mapped tour of our many varieties of Victorians
- Head to a Giants game
- Hang out at the park with these two:
- 15 Bay Area Spots Where You Can Swim for Under $10 [Curbed SF]
- A Mapped Introduction to San Francisco's Many Varieties of Victorians [Curbed SF]
- 10 Bay Area Beaches to Visit [Curbed SF]
- Map: What to Do Before and After a Game Around AT&T Park [Curbed SF]
- Even Metro Trains Can't Handle This Heat [Curbed LA]
- Los Angeles Suburb Evacuated as Twin Wildfires Burn Over 5,000 Acres [Weather]