There's far too much to consider when choosing a neighborhood in San Francisco—price, location, levels of fog. But we have come up with an unscientific (yet very fun) poll that helps take some of the guesswork out of the process. From your favorite type of SF home to your preferred pooch, our questions will help narrow down the process for you.
Find out the location of your best possible San Francisco home.
- Move to SF, and find your neighborhood 6
Find your home—rent or buy
- Is it better to buy or rent?
- On the hunt for an apartment? Try these 9 Craigslist alternatives
- A guide to below-market-rate housing
- Rent laws your landlord probably doesn’t want you to know
- 10 apartment buildings with luxe amenities
- Renting in the city: What happens when my roommate leaves?
- Which tech company’s workers can afford to rent in SF?
Learn how to get around
- How to get around if you don’t own a car
- Pedestrian etiquette guide: How to use SF sidewalks like a good person
- Biking in San Francisco: A beginner’s guide
- Subway and rail costs: Why are they among the highest in the world?
- Summer of Muni: Riding each line from start to end
- Transbay Transit Center: Everything you need to know about it (updated)
- California high-speed rail: Everything you need to know
- A love letter to Glen Park’s Brutalist BART station
Iconic places and architecture
- The city’s most iconic buildings, mapped
- Salesforce Tower: Everything you need to know about San Francisco’s tallest building
- An introduction to San Francisco’s varieties of Victorians
- Inside Golden Gate Park's Conservatory of Flowers
- How Postwar Icon Joseph Eichler Built a Suburb in the Middle of S.F.
- Julia Morgan’s Bay Area masterpieces
- How the glass curtain wall was born
- 130 Bush—the original skinny legend
- Where the Bay Area’s biggest tech companies got their starts
- An illustrated guide to San Francisco architecture
Find the city’s beauty
- The best furniture and home design shops
- 101 things to love about San Francisco
- Where to find the best pottery and ceramics in the Bay Area
- 25 small ways to make SF a better place
- Neon dreams: 16 old movie theater marquees around the Bay Area
- Guide to San Francisco’s best public art
- The best things to do in SF this winter
- How neighborhoods got their names
- The most beautiful SF interiors
- Inside San Francisco’s best homes
Go outside, and out of town
- 20 small Bay Area towns you need to visit right now
- The best privately owned public open spaces (POPOS)
- Oracle Park: The ultimate guide to San Francisco’s ballpark
- 29 best things to do in San Francisco with kids
- The best cabin and cottage getaways
- Hikes with scenic endings
- 11 best beaches to visit
- Hiking trails with waterfall endings
- 18 secret gardens and hidden green spaces