clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Attn: Art and History Lovers

The de Young museum has installed a mural in its lobby that has been hidden from the public for almost 100 years. The beaux-arts mural was commissioned for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, and after the fair ended it was put into storage. The piece, by painter William de Leftwich Dodge, is part of the de Young's "Jewel City" exhibit, and will be on display until February 2016. [KQED]