clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

History Lessons

On the corner of Castro and 20th Street, there's a turreted blue Victorian built above a whopping seven garages. Hoodline delves into the history of the house, which was constructed in 1897 by prolific builder Fernando Nelson. Nelson, who put up hundreds of houses around the Castro, Noe Valley, and the Mission, used the house as a sort of model home to advertise his services. At one point, he had the home lifted to accommodate new brick garages to house his burgeoning car collection. [Hoodline]