100 Van Ness, the former drab 1970s AAA building that has transformed into a glassy apartment block, is officially open for business. The renovation, led by Solomon Cordwell Buenz, won't wrap up for a few months, but apartments are already going fast. 100 Van Ness started leasing a few weeks ago and is on track to rent out nearly a third of its 400 units by the end of the month. Residents are drawn to the building's copious amenities, which include a 2,300-square-foot fitness center, a bocce court, wine storage, and fantastic views (with the exception of this rather terrible one from apartment 402). The building is drawing plenty of techies who work at nearby tech companies, developer Oz Erickson, chairman of the Emerald Fund, told the San Francisco Business Times.
100 Van Ness is one of three Emerald Fund buildings in the works. The developer is looking to capitalize on the revitalization of Mid-Market by building housing in adjacent Civic Center. Also on the way are 101 Polk Street, with 162 units, and 150 Van Ness, with 450 units. The location has become one of the hottest in town, with other recent announcements of a new 265,000-square-foot mixed-use building on its way to the former Circuit City on Van Ness and designs released for the 37-story high-rise by Snøhetta and Solomon Cordwell Buenz at the corner of Market and Van Ness.
Although the apartments at 100 Van Ness are fairly modest, the prices reflect the location and long list of amenities. Studios, which range from 439 to 489 square feet, start at $2,600. One-bedrooms from 628 to 849 square feet start in the $3,100s, and two-bedrooms, with 984 to 1126 square feet, begin at $4,400.
· A Sneak Peek Inside 100 Van Ness's Partially Finished Rentals [Curbed SF]
· Could This Be 100 Van Ness's Most Craptacular View? [Curbed SF]
· First Look: Opening of 100 Van Ness Links Civic Center, Mid Market [SF Business Times]
· How Much Does It Cost to Live in a Former Cube Farm? [Curbed SF]
· Van Ness Revival Continues With Plans for Ex-Circuit City Site [Curbed SF]
· New Snøhetta Design Released for Tower at Market, Van Ness [Curbed SF]
· 100 Van Ness [Official Site]