Videographers from EarthCam produced this time-lapse video of the Levi's Stadium construction process, and it's rather triumphant. Oscar season is still a few months away, but for the stadium's grand (and expensive) debut the 49ers' auteurs-in-residence went all out: For the duration of construction, three megapixel cameras—including something called the GigapixelCam—documented every second of the stadium's rise. Spanning two-plus years, the footage culled more than 200,000 images and some 1,250 panoramas. It all got edited down to just under two minutes, and the whole thing has been dramatized by a soaring musical score that's maybe a wee bit overkill. Then again, an epic construction process is rather like an action movie, albeit one that has to produce a building lasting many decades that, like, never, ever kills people. So, you know, onward!
· Official San Francisco 49ers Levi's Stadium Time-Lapse [YouTube]
· The Niners Have San Francisco's Blessing To Break Candlestick Park Lease (and We Wanted an Excuse to Show You the Team's New Stadium Renderings Again) [Curbed SF]
· A Photo Tribute to the 49ers' Six-Decade Scrimmage with SF [Curbed SF]
· Joe Montana Huddles with NBBJ on New Levi's Stadium Complex [Curbed SF]
· New 49ers Stadium to Get Mixed-Use Development Neighbor [Curbed SF]
· Pretty Pricey Season Tickets Selling Quickly for the New 49ers Stadium [Curbed SF]
· Quarterback Alex Smith Puts Los Gatos Home on the Market [Curbed SF]