Way back in 2008, SF voters approved an $185 million bond that included improvements to Dolores Park. After much ado about puppy privileges and toilet design, community members gathered on Saturday to finally break ground and share Dolores Park Cafe coffee. Between now and spring 2015 the park will see partial closures with each phase of construction as repairs and renovations are made to the courts, field and play area, existing roads and pathways are restored, modifications are made to remove barriers and improve accessibility, and the landscaping of the park sees an overall reconditioning. Added bonus: bathrooms will be completely removed and rebuilt.
· Mission Dolores Park Improvements [SF Parks and Recreation]
· Dolores Park Appeal Hates Puppies [SF Curbed]
· Dolores Park Bathroom Design by Committees [SF Curbed]
· Mapping the Makeovers of San Francisco's Many Parks [SF Curbed]
· Watch The Dolores Park Playground Come Together [Curbed SF]