Presidio Heights' 3800 Washington, which was San Francisco's fifth most expensive listing up until yesterday, has disappeared from the market (and no, Le Petit Trianon's American twin hasn't sold to Taylor Swift). The property's website is still up, but the home's listing has vanished from the MLS, as the San Francisco Business Times reported via SocketSite. The more than 18,000-square-foot mansion has a rough history of serial price chops, and has been sitting idle on the market since November of last year. Tech entrepreneur Halsey Minor purchased the home for
$20 million $18 million back in 2007, but relisted the opulent abode in 2012 for a whopping $25 million, only to yank the property from the market a short time later.
In 2013, Minor listed the property yet again for just under
$21 million $20 million, after filing for chapter 7 bankruptcy earlier in the year. Since then, the price for 3800 Washington has tumbled to $17.995 million. Even at $7 million below the highest asking price, the listing, which includes an adjoining 2,618-square-foot guest home at 3810 Washington and a vacant lot at 125 Maple, has been a tough sell. The mansion looks pretty rough around the edges these days, and may require yet more price cuts if it's ever to find a buyer willing to restore its former glory. No word on whether the disappearing act is an off-market purchase or a brief hiatus from the market before yet another relisting.
· Rumormongering [Curbed SF]
· Updated: the 25 Most Expensive Homes For Sale in SF [Curbed SF]
· Le Petit Trianon SF [Official Site]
· Presidio Heights Trophy Property Returns to the Market [Curbed SF]
· Halsey Minor Yanks Mega Mansion off the Market [Business Times]
· Halsey Minor in Personal Bankruptcy [Business Times]
· Previous Coverage of 3800 Washington [Curbed SF]