Fresh on the market is this local landmark 1878 Victorian at 294 Page Street. At five bedrooms and three bathrooms, this Stick-Eastlake style corner manse is chockablock with goodies, like built-in hutches, winding main staircase, ornate fireplace mantles, and the requisite basement ballroom. Originally designed by San Francisco architect Henry Geilfuss in 1878, it was built for fellow German-born fancy bootmaker Charles Dietle. After the 1906 Earthquake, which it escaped from relatively unscathed, fruit and veggie commission merchant John DeMartini bought the house for his family. There must have been good money in vegetables back then, as DeMartini was one of the original directors of the Bank of Italy – known today as Bank of America. After housing a law office for a while, it's been lovingly restored as a single family house and listed at $2,995,000. With over 80 photos of the building and its fancy interior, this listing is?thorough.
· 294 Page Street, San Francisco [Redfin]
· Landmark 48: Dietle Residence [SF Planning]