The temporary Hayes Valley Farm that we've all grown to love is coming to its end. From the farm's tumblr we learn that "On March 1st, as part of this agreement we transitioned off of the south half of the property (Parcel P). By June 1st, we plan to be off the site completely." For those unfamiliar, the farm had an agreement with the city to "develop the ecology and grow food on the site only until those with prior claim to the land were able to move forward with projects that have been in the works for some time." The 2.2-acre site (Parcel P) is going to be developed into mixed-used retail/housing.
· Final Weeks For Hayes Valley Farm [hayeswire]
· Hayes Valley Farm Transition Announcement (March 17, 2013) [Hayes Valley Farm]
· Hayes Valley Farm > Bulldozer Parking [Curbed SF]
· The Noble Experiment at Parcel P About To End [Curbed SF]
· It's Time: Hayes Valley Farm Needs to Move [Curbed SF]