Welcome to Racked SF, where local fashion blogger Kristen Philipkoski reports on retail comings and goings around San Francisco. Philipkoski has been living and shopping in San Francisco for 20 years, and she blogs about it over at Stylenik.com. Seen a store open, close, or otherwise claim your attention? Hit the tipline, s'il vous plait
The big Mira Mira event we've been waiting for is tonight, and there are tons of retail happenings of note in the coming weeks from antique shows to new men's clothing lines, so let's get to it!
1. Mission: We had to remind you about this major event, because it's happening tonight! Andrea Linett, Lucky magazine co-founder and current global creative director of Michael Kors is coming to Mira Mira to launch her new book I Want To Be Her. It's an offshoot of her site of the same name, and Mira is throwing a bash for the ocassion featuring delish bevvies and treats from Black Jet Baking Co. It's tonight, September 27 from 6 to 9pm at 3293 22nd Street. RSVP is required! [Stylenik]
2. Oakland: The retail scene in Oakland is exploding with goodness and Good Stock in Piedmont is one more example. Check out Refinery 29's tour. [Refinery 29]
3. Mission: The Bell Jar is one of the prettiest boutiques in the city, and its shop owner, Sasha Darling, one of the prettiest proprietesses. Take a gander at both in Refinery 29's tour of the shop, which recently took its wares online (plus check out their Bell Jar deal!). [Refinery 29]
4. Fort Mason: 7x7 magazine is giving away two tickets to SF's epic Fall Antiques Show, which cost from $250 up to $5,000 if you're feeling gifty (the event benefits Enterprise for High School Students). Just sign up for their newsletter and you're entered to win! The show happens October 25-28 at Fort Mason. [7x7]
5. Dogpatch: If you're in the market for gear that will get you through both urban and outback adventures, peruse this collection of attractive survival gear from Triple Aught Design, made right here in SF (you can buy online too). [7x7]
6. Hayes Valley: Reliquary's ginormous bi-annual sale kicks off this weekend with festivities on Friday evening and continues all weekend long. Their rad edit of clothing, jewelry, accessories and art will be majorly discounted: $5, $10 and $15 racks, and up to 90 percent off past season goods. It's happening through Sunday at 527 Octavia between Hayes and Grove. [Refinery 29]