Welcome to Racked SF, where local fashion blogger Kristen Philipkoski reports on retail comings and goings around San Francisco. Phiipkoski has been living and shopping in San Francisco for 20 years, and she blogs about it over at Stylenik.com. Seen a store open, close, or otherwise claim your attention? Hit the tipline, s'il vous plait.
One great thing about this weekend: there are at least two events happening involving free beer. Another: summer sales are still going strong. Yet one more: The Tenderloin has a new vintage shop! Read on for all the other fabulous happenings in San Francisco's world of retail.
[Photo via Refinery29]
1. Mission: Local online publisher The Bold Italic is launching a pop-up shop at San Francisco's only boutique with its own submarine: Voyager. Naturally, they're kicking things off appropriatey with a party. Free beer! Plus you can mingle with the locals who desiged the wares up for sale. Get first dibs on jewelry from from Salty Fox, bags and wallets from Joshu+Vela, and maybe even your own little hut from Anzfer Farms. See you there at 365 Valencia Street from 6-9pm tomorrow! [The Bold Italic]
2. Tenderloin: New shop alert! Vintage boutique Vacation opened recently at 651 Larkin Street. Check out their handpicked pea coats, ponchos, dresses, and lots more forward-thinking vintage. [Vacation Etsy shop]
3. SOMA: We love any excuse to get crafty, and tonight Etsy and the Museum of Craft and Folk Art Craft Bar are offering a good one that involves beer. Sold! Britex is providing the fabric, all you have to do is show up and make something. Don't worry, they'll show you how. The fun is on tonight August 2 from 6-8pm at the Museum of Craft and Folk Art, 51 Yerba Buena Lane. [Refinery 29]
4. Los Altos: Top 10 least fave things in the world to do? We're guessing swimsuit shopping might be somewhere on there. Malia Mills hopes to knock it at least to 11 with her spanking new store in Los Altos where you'll find a giant range of sizes, mix and match tops and bottoms, plus lots of ready-to-wear from Malia Mills and other brands including Inhabit, Kain, and Epice. It's all going down at 271 State Street in Los Altos. [Refinery 29]
5. Mission: If you're fascinated by fascinators and the making of them, buy your ticket now for DeAnna Gibbons Millinery's "Fascinator Workshop and Hat-Making Soiree" happening tomorrow, August 3, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m at 1364 Florida Street. $90 will get you teach you how to make a fancy topper that you'll take home with you. [Refinery 29]
6. Mission: End of the season sales are still going strong! One of our fave locally designed and manufactured brands, Weston Wear, is the latest to mark down their summer goods up to 50 percent. You'll also find last chance items marked down to $35, so head on over to 569 Valencia Street for super comfy and stylish dress in unique prints starting tomorrow August 3-5. [Weston Wear]
7. Mission: So if you thought last week was your last chance, good news: Mira Mira's summer sale is still on! Hard-to-find (and up to half off!) brands including Eighteenth, Gat Rimon, Shakuhachi, and TBA are still available at crazy prices so head over to 3292 22nd Street. And while you're sale shopping just try to resist Mira's One Teaspoon Colombia Kimono. [Mira Mira]
8. Union Square: Bastille's summer sale also continues with major markdowns on 10 Crosby, APC and Acne. Get ready for fall while you're there with new arrivals from DVF, G-Star and James Perse. [Bastille]