Welcome to Racked SF, where local fashion blogger Kristen Philipkoski reports on retail comings and goings around San Francisco. Phiipkoski has been living and shopping in San Francisco for 20 years, and she blogs about it over at Stylenik.com. Seen a store open, close, or otherwise claim your attention? Hit the tipline, s'il vous plait.
We hope you have some good party outfits ready because there are a flurry of soirees happening in the coming days in San Francisco. Prepare for extreme cupcake and bubbly intake.
1) Mission: Jewelry atelier and art gallery Love & Luxe is celebrating its one-year anniversary with a sexy party on Saturday. Food, Renner wine and music not enought to get you in the door? The first 25 jewelry purchases get an awesome goodie bag. Hit it at 6pm at 1169 Valencia Street between 22nd and 23rd. Bonus: starting at 3pm that same day Berkeley jewelry designer and metalsmith Stephen Dove is taking private appointments to help you design your own bespoke talisman. Bring something special from home or use Dove's supplies. Call 415-648-7781 for an appointment. [Love and Luxe]
2) Fillmore: Browse local favorite Erica Tanov's latest lookbook at Refinery 29. If you like what you see, hit up one of her beautiful shops at 2408 Fillmore, 1827 4th Street in Berkeley, or 2415 Larkspur Landing in Marin. [Refinery 29]
3) Union Square: Local rising star photographer Molly DeCoudreaux switched things up and took a spot in front of the cameras to model some sweet sartorial selections from downtown posh spot Métier. [Métier via Refinery 29]
4) Union Square: Camp Gorgeous begins on Sunday at our local Neiman Marcus. If this sounds like your kind of camping, head over between June 3 and 10, spend $85 on any beauty products and receive an NM tote (in your choice of three colors) crammed with samples from Clinique, Kate Somerville, Cartier and tons more. [Neiman Marcus]
5) Mission/Bernal Heights: Secession Art and Design has launched a new show with screen printed black and white drawings on wood by artist Renee DeCarlo Johnson and linocut images of California's weathered Route 1 by Sirima Sataman. They're celebrating with a reception on Friday from 6-9pm. You can catch the show at 3361 Mission Street until July 29 and while you're there, shop local designers Mission Thread, Lemon Twist and more. [Secession Art and Design]
7) A new San Francisco-based start-up with the goal of fitting every woman with a perfectly-sized bra from the comfort of their own Internet just received $2 million in venture funding. They're like the Warby Parker of brassieres. [True&Co]
8) The Richmond: Seedstore is throwing its annual Growing Together fete where they'll offer 10 percent off everything. They're also holding a raffle, and all proceeds go to the Richmond YMCA. If you're a member of the Y, bring your card for an extra 10 percent discount on purchases. It's happening today from 3 to 8pm at 212 Clement Street between 3rd and 4th avenues. [Seedstore on Facebook]
9) Union Square: Ballerina-turned-jewelry designer Jamie Wolf--maker of Natalie Portman's engagement ring--will be in town for a meet-and-greet and trunk show at Neiman Marcus on Tuesday June 5. Check out her 18 karat yellow, white, and rose gold pieces from 1 to 5pm in the designer jewelry department. [7x7]