In 1993 Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett bought this 8-bed, 8.5-bath, 10,100 square foot, 4-story mansion in Pacific Heights for a mere $2.56 million. Then in 2006 he listed it with a very steep asking price of $12.5 million, over a grand per square foot. It sat on the market for years and years, and eventually took a price chop that brought its asking down to the completely reasonable and obtainable $8,995,000, complete chump change. Shoot forward to December of 2009 and the home finally sold for $7.6 million, almost $5 million off. Just this week the abode's back on the market, and we're pleased as punch to share its photos with you. Broker babble tells us that the "current owner has meticulously remodeled the home throughout with designer finishes while carefully maintaining its architectural relevance," which we think translates to "there will be no rock star behavior in this pedigree mansion." Property highlights include a huge wine cellar, billiard room, two laundry rooms and 2-car parking in the garage. Asking price? A cool $9,250,000.
· Rumblings & Bumblings: Celebrealty Edition [Curbed SF]
· Metallica Floor Plans Available [Curbed SF]
· Celeb Listing du Jour: Metallica Guitarist's Pac Heights Manse [Curbed SF]
· Metallica House in Pac Heights Lands a Buyer After Four Years [Curbed SF]
· This Week In Heavy Metal History [Curbed SF]
· 2505 Divisadero [Redfin]