[3855 Washington Street] Zynga founder Mark Pincus' 3855 Washington Street project in Presidio Heights closed escrow yesterday for $8,200,000 after 126 days on the market. While the churlish among us will carry on about it selling for under the original asking price of $8,900,000, as Alexander Clarke at The Front Steps (first on the block to report the closing) points out:
?but I’d like to remind people that might be getting a little bit jaded?we’re talking eight million two hundred thousand dollars here folks! You think they’re trading that kind of property in Kansas!And it was still more than it was purchased for, almost complete, in November, 2009. Whatever the business model was, Mr. Pincus is out and someone else should be very happy there. As the co-founder of Zynga, following Mr. Pincus' business activities have become something of a cottage industry all over town, be it IPOs, houses, or office space. We're just happy with helicopters. Kudos to all involved.
· Zynga Co-Founder Sells Pacific Heights Pad for $8,200,000 [The Front Steps]
· Mark Pincus Coverage [Curbed SF Archives]
· 3855 Washington Street [Redfin]
· 3855 Washington Street [Teed-Haze]
· Presidio Heights Marketing Gets Vertiginous [Curbed SF]