1. Piedmont: Karen Kamei is bringing her lovely baubles to McMullen boutique in Piedmont today, December 19, from from 2pm until 7pm, for a trunk show. It's the perfect opportunity for some gifting and do-gooding—Kamei donates 100 percent of profits from her elephant necklaces to the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to save African elephants and rhinos. It's happening at 1235 Grand Avenue.
2. Hayes Valley: Rand + Statler is hosting a shindig tomorrow evening to introduce the new Benni & Jett collection from New York shoemaker Modern Vice. Natalie Suarez of Natalie off Duty will be on hand sporting the shoes. Cocktails will be served, and a free Modern Vice gift will be given. Plus, you'll get 15 percent off everything in the store! Be there tomorrow December 20 from 6 to 9pm at 425 Hayes Street (between Gough and Octavia).
4. Online: For all you stylish gentlemen, or anyone buying gifts for such an individual, Wingtip has marked down all their manly accessories up to 50%. You'll find the perfect stocking stuffers: cigar cutters, iPad cases, golf balls, fancy pens and lots more.
5. Union Square: Modern-luxe French brand Sandro has a pop up inside Bloomingdale's now through the new year. The shop features menswear, which is a first for West Coast Bloomingdale's. Fall and winter 2012 pieces are up to 50% off. And hopefully pour les hommes chic, the pop up is a precursor to the department store carrying Sandro men's on a regular basis. It's at 845 Market Street (between 4th and 5th Streets) near Union Square in San Francisco.
6. Union Square: One more pop up at Westfield! The Storefront Holiday Pop-Up, which focuses on "hidden gems in the San Francisco retail ecosystem" is on until December 31. It will spotlight a different brand every couple days: Nooworks and FluffyCo is on until December 20; it's Maxton Men from December 21 and 22, CocoTutti December 23 and 24, and a surprise guest will be featured from December 26 through New Year's Eve. You'll find Storefront not far from Bloomingdale's (close to the dome).
7. North Beach: Another one for the gents: Hat purveyor Goorin Bros. has teamed up with online custom suit maker Artful Gentleman for a "Holiday Haberdash Pop-up," where you can learn how to properly top off your formalwear. And don't feel left out ladies, they have hats for you, too. It's happening at the Goorin Bros. flagship store in North Beach at 1612 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94133 now through Dec. 23, 2012. Note that the pop up is open on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only.
8. Union Square If you need a break from all the gift-hunting in downtown, we suggest you duck into the Serge Sorokko gallery, where American couturier Ralph Rucci is exhibiting 30 pieces of artwork. Unless of course you're looking for a very nice gift. The exhibition runs through January 18 at 55 Geary Street.