clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Raising the Rent

This week's Tenant Troubles dives into master tenant territory. A person who was not the original lease moved in with their boyfriend and started cutting checks to the landlord. They break up, and the boyfriend moves out but the other tenant stays. Does that mean that legally the rent can be raised? Or is the newest tenant now a master tenant because they've written rent checks to the landlord? [SF Appeal]