During the first week of February, several Victorian homes were set on fire in the Castro District. Thankfully no one was hurt, but hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of damages were done, and ten of the victims of the Castro arson fires have been left homeless. Wonderful human being Beth Spotswood and her cousin Kate Ryken have put together a grassroots fundraiser at the Lookout on Tuesday night, the 15th of February to help out the victims. Donations will be accepted at the door, and there will be a raffle you can enter to win prizes from Beach Blanket Babylon, Wayfare Tavern, Marlowe, Home Restaurant, Sunday's A Drag at Harry Denton's, Chow and Cafe Flore. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle tickets go straight to the victims who lost their homes. Be a good person and help out your fellow SFian, won't you? Every dollar counts. Visit the event's Facebook page for more information.
· SFFD: Clayton St. Fire Caused $405,000 In Damage [SF Appeal]
· Another Suspicious Castro Fire Friday Morning [SF Appeal]
· SFFD Believes Castro Fires Were Intentionally Set [SF Appeal]
· SFFD Thinks This Morning's Three Castro Fires "Suspicious," "Related" [SF Appeal]
· Fundraiser to Benefit the Displaced Residents of the Castro Arson Fires [Facebook]