clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Name-Dropping

Santa Clara County has just restored Casa Grande, the county's second-most historical building that was designed and built by architect Francis Meyes in 1854. Later its landscapes were designed with the assistance of John McLaren, the same designer of the Golden Gate Park. "The building, which in the 1800s was associated with the early development of the New Almaden mines, now houses the New Almaden Quicksilver Mining Museum." The restoration cost $5 million which was made possible by state and county grants. [NBC Bay Area]