1) Height Choppers Eye the Twisty Cylinder: "WHAT?!! They want to build that weird pointy 853' building? God, that rendering looks horrible. It looks like a freaking pyramid."
2) That's Rather Confederate: Bernal Heights Secession Imminent: "There is irony here, of a historical sort. The streets of Bernal Heights were laid out by moonlighting Union soldiers assigned to protect California's gold from Confederate attack."
3) Pay Up, Rincon Hill. Whenever's Cool.: "actually, I think this piece by Selna is one of the few recent instances of useful and productive investigative reporting by the Chronicle. I think this is good journalism. There are two real issues to this story -- (1) the vaguery and unintentional consquences of sloppy code writing when the Rincon Hill Plan was adopted that allowed the payment of the fee to be delayed to an unknown date years in the future tied to the issuance of a certificate that may not be forthcoming unless the developer himself asks for it, and (2) the fact that the developer is exploiting this loophole to delay payment that, while technically not offending the letter of the law, is certainly violating the mutual understanding of all who were involved in its crafting..."
4) That's Rather Lovely: Modern Live/Work in Hayes Valley: "As cookie-cutter lofts go (and btw, I like most all lofts, old & new, cut-of-cookie, sliced of marble... whatever) it is a cut above. But the bordering properties are a mixed bag still. Hayes Valley has a lot going for it, and a lot that could only be described in a headline as 'Marina chicks hop in bed with Black Panthers, produce gentrifictitional fusion cuisine and lingering medicinal pot/crack cocaine odor.' "
5) Medjool Stares Into the Abyss: "Could someone please explain why rooftop bars are against the rules. Seriously. This Medjool situation seems to prove that they are so safe and non-disruptive that they can fly under the radar for years with no one objecting. So why can't we have them?"