Put down your coffee mug for this one, folks: the greener-than-thou, scandal-ridden Sunset Idea House in the Mission has actually been caught red-handed cribbing electricity from its neighbor— following rumors that builder Robin Wilson was "off the grid" (presumably not in the good way), her neighbor filed a complaint early this month with the city's Department of Building Inspection. And guess what an inspector who dropped by La Casa Verde found?
OBSERVED NON-COMPLIANT FEEDER WIRING INSTALLED WITHOUT SUPPORTS OR FITTINGS ON THE GROUND IN THE SERVICE ALLEY AND BLDG EXTERIOR EXTENDING FROM A SERVICE PANEL AND INTO THE WOOD SIDING OF THE LOWER UNIT. THIS WIRIING IS IN THE WEATHER WITH NO PROTECTION AND OF NON-WEATHER RATED CONSTRUCTION. C-10 LICENSED CONTRACTOR IS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN EP AND CORRECT/REMOVE THE INSTALLATION ASAP. LEFT V/M MSG WITH OWNER.CLASSY. No, really, now. Seriously? The tap was removed a few days later, which leads us to ask: what now? Hamster-wheel generators? Diesel? Or, God forbid, putting the green house on the grid?
P.S. Seems La Casa Verde's website is down. Trouble in greener pastures, perhaps...
· Complaint No. 200989986 [DBI]
· Rumormongering: La Casa Verde, You've Been Served [Curbed SF]
· Sunset Idea House Scandal Upgraded to Full-On Shitshow [Curbed SF]
· Rumormongering: Secret Scandals at Sunset Idea House [Curbed SF]
· Quote of the Day: Gavin Makes Green Face, Tours Sunset Idea House [Curbed SF]