Among other bits of gossip, the Chron's new column for "design-culture junkies." delivers a sneak peek into a certain hush-hush dinner held in the city recently (underscoring the fact that architecture is a political process as much as anything). Like a presidential candidate hustling an endorsement, Richard Gluckman, Gluckman Mayner principal and architect to Don Fisher's controversial CAMP project, dined with noted SF architect (and golden boy) Stanley Saitowitz and others in hopes of garnering their support. Unfortunately for Gluckman and Fisher, it looks like they'll have to keep searching. Quoth one dinner guest: "it just isn't a good building." Ouch.
· Design Insider: News from the design world [SF Gate]
· Curbed Reports: Last Night's Presidio Trust Shitshow [Curbed SF]
· Fisher's Collection Boosts Camp Bid [Curbed SF]
· Revealed: Fisher's Gaptastic Art Collection [Curbed SF]
· Gluckman Mayner Refines "Stupid Boxes" for CAMP Design [Curbed SF]