Join us for Friday's pre-game meeting, where Eater SF and Curbed SF scribble all over the chalkboard and exchange war stories from the previous week.
1) Recon! Eater operatives Army crawled their way through Gary Danko's soon-to-be second resto (a.k.a. Danko Deuce) at the soon-to-be overhauled Ghirardelli Square, nabbing snaps of the rather massive space. The anticipation, it kills us.
2) Black Thursday aftermath rundown! Eater readers prove their love with prix fixe menus, renounce fear of Valentine's Day dining.
3) Necessary evil: Not-fancy-restaurant DeLessio tacks on 5% for employee health care initiative. Everyone else? 4%.
4) Crissy Field to host massive brasserie, winery in converted Presidio airplane hangars. (We'd like to dash off some effortless witticism about Hitchcock or somesuch, but it's too late in the day for such attempts.)
5) Powell's Place takes tragic fall; new lunchtime gig at Velma's Jazz Club a far cry from what could have been. (Cue Stevie Wonder's Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday ... )