We should've known better than to think Berkeleyites would've lost their momentum by now ... In response to the last several weeks' worth of public tantrum-throwing over Berkeley's attempted ousting of the Marine recruiting station on Shattuck Avenue, tomorrow's City Council meeting should provide a hell of a spectacle as locals take to the floor.. But get this:
What's gone quietly unmentioned thus far is, though the infamous "uninvited and unwelcome" missive will be rescinded, the other tertiary agenda items— such as those calling for residents to raise a ruckus at any recruiting station in town— will remain intact. An to answer the burning question, yes, the Code Pinkers will keep their parking spot. Residents, tie on your bandannas: protests are planned all over town. On a separate-buty-related note, campus tree sitters have reportedly issued a statement condemning Code Pink for hogging their limelight.
· Berkeley City Council to address Marines recruiting center controversy Tuesday night [Oakland Tribune]
· Berkeley Spins Wheels, Spends its 15 Minutes [Curbed SF]
· Stand Off on Shattuck, Stand Down for Berkeley [Curbed SF]
· "Uninvited and Unwelcome Intruders" Invited and Welcomed [Curbed SF]
· Berkeley Ousts Marines, Welcomes Growers [Curbed SF]