New home sales plunge while Home Depot announces a disappointing forecast. Martha Stewart is up, as she continues to defy conventional wisdom about convicted felons. And with the easy money is making a quick exit out of risky mortgages we find that Freddie Mac's getting out of the subprime market. In the Bay Area, home prices and sales both fell like a mudslide in North Beach. This post was brought to you by the letter R.
· New Home Sales Plunge [NY Times]
· Martha Stewart Beats 4thQ Estimates [NY Times]
· Freddie mac Tightens Standards [NY Times]
· Low Prices, Mired Sales [SF Gate]
· A Recession That Arrived on Cat's Paws [NY Times]