So now that we've
regressed even further into adolescence joined Facebook, why not post the winning entry there, too? Architects, planners, students, and dreamers alike: help us to re-envision SWL 337 with a couple of sentences and a rendering or two, earn up to $500 in cash prizes, and stand by as we spread your talent like wildfire around the internets. T-minus two weeks (or so) and counting— we're closing down the inbox on December 1st. Get cracking!
Rules and Regulations:
1) Geographic boundaries— Sea Wall Lot (SWL) 337 occupies 16 acres of land bordered by Third Street to the west, Terry Francois Boulevard to the north and east, and Mission Rock Street to the south. Your plan must must adhere to these geographic boundaries.
2) Criteria— The city has issued a long list of criteria to developers-to-be (download here). We, however, require adherence to only one rule: Propose a development program that creates a public destination with major public open space and waterfront recreational uses integrated with revenue producing uses that may include office, hotel, retail, restaurant, assembly and entertainment, and residential uses. It's all about the "mixed use" at SWL 337.
3) Submission Guidelines— Entries may be fashioned in any form and from any media, but must include at least one digital rendering of the site, and at least one paragraph describing the plan. The image can be in the form of fancy renderings, or something scrawled on the back of a napkin, so long as you can scan it and send it our way. If you've got more images, or some video, or whatever, we'll be excited to see it. Go wild.
4) Deadline— Submissions to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday, December 1. Soon after, we'll dole out the awards, dividing the $500 prize pool at our discretion with at least $300 to the overall winner.
5) Pep Talk— San Francisco, we love you. Now go plan some shit. (Freaking out? Contact us directly— we're here to support you on your journey to greatness.)
Fine Print— Lawyer up, and ride! Entries will be judged entirely at the discretion of Curbed SF. By submitting any rendering, illustration, photo, or information to Curbed SF, you grant to Curbed SF an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted photo or other information. By submitting to Curbed SF, you hereby represent and warrant that the submitted illustration, rendering, or photo render does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and you have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Curbed SF herein. You understand and intend that any photo or information submitted by you to Curbed SF may be available for viewing, rating, review and comment on by the public, and understand that comments or ratings with which you disagree or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with anything you submit. Fear not, this will be fun.
· Curban Planning 001 Winner: Manhattan Palms [Curbed]
· Curban Planning 001 Runner-Up: Green Fields of the Mind [Curbed]
· Curban Planning 001 Honorable Mention #2: Stadium 2.0! [Curbed]
· Curban Planning 001 Honorable Mention #1: Roller Coaster! [Curbed]
· Curban Planning #001: Hudson Yards 2.0 Design Challenge [Curbed]